January 8, 2012

Looking Back at 2011

It is funny when I think of it, but last January I told one of my co-workers that I felt like 2011 was going to be my year.  I could just "feel" it all the way through to my bones.  We talked at length about it numerous times throughout the year (still do) and he felt the same was going to be true for him.  He is an entrepreneur and is always trying something new.  He had a project that he was wanting to start and of course I have the horses.  I didn't know that "my year" was going to come about because of my little horsey business, I just felt that 2011 was going to be my year.....  to have things swing my way.

We were half way through the year and nothing really "oh wow" had come to be for either one of us.  Life was good, but it was the same rat race - and work was very trying.  In early August, John and my house was broken into!  John did have some loose change taken along with his pillow case, but for the most part, the only items of much value that were taken were my fun things - camera, iPod, jewelry, my daughter's baby teeth, etc.  The biggest thing that was taken was my piece of mind.  I no longer felt safe and it WAS a terrible feeling. 

My co-worker was having set backs with his project, but we both kept feeling that 2011 was still going to be our year.  We were determined and tenacious.  Obstacles arose but we just kept plugging along..... never giving up...... NEVER giving up.  He battled the red tape of buying property for commercial use and the set backs that it brought.  I battled the snow and cold last winter (and the heat this past summer) to keep my horses fed.  Once, right after the break-in, I thought my yearling colt had broken my neck!  I was fine, and my co-worker beat the fall rains that just would not let up.  We were determined and we NEVER gave up! 

Guess what happened?  We NEVER GAVE UP and 2011 was "our year".  He is on his way to having a business that could make him self-employed and I sold my yearling colt for a nice price and gained a great deal of respect from my peers with my little horsey business. 

2011 WAS our year because we NEVER gave up!  I can't say that enough.  Be strong.... be determined.

I'm sure you are wondering what we predict 2012 is going to bring.  I personally have no idea.  I am going to enjoy the blessings that God has provided in 2011 and trust in Him for what will be in 2012.

No comments: