July 4, 2015

Rescue One

This is our first Rescue Dog.....

 
 
Seriously.  John found this little guy in the dumpster at his work.... and no, I don't think he was dumpster diving...... but walking by he saw this guy and I guess he thought of me so he brought him home to me.  That was probably four or five years ago and every Spring I can't wait to fill him with flowers so that he can watch over them.  During the colder weather he sits on a corner of the deck railing watching over his home.
 
Just goes to show that the old adage is true..... One man's trash is another man's treasure.  I do treasure this pup - partly because he is so darn cute.  But mostly because John thought of me when he saw him and brought him home for me to take care of.  He knew that I would enjoy him and look after him.
 
He has become my symbol of hope for the lost or discarded.

No comments: